January 26, 2009

Odd Encounter

On Saturday I was standing on a crowded 4/5 subway platform waiting for a train. As usual, I was minding my own business and ignoring everything going on around me. Suddenly, I heard a voice say "PwC?" directly in front of me, I looked up right into the eyes of a passing man (most likely with a very confused look on my face), who was completely decked out in winter wear from fluffy coat to boots to a cap on his head and a scarf hiding the lower part of his face - - - and didn't recognize him. As the man continued walking away, he kept looking at me and then clearly said the name of my client, in a slightly questioning way. Not sure how to respond, I just nodded to which he smiled and walked out of my sight.

It was an extremely odd moment.

I still have no idea who that man was or how on earth he knew who I am! To be honest, I'm a little creeped-out by it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Um... that is weird. Start wearing a fake nose and glasses to the subway!

gnat said...

I like her idea. you can never be too careful. also next time pop out your cell phone and take a picture of him that ought to deter any further disturbances