May 14, 2010

New

Thanks for all the compliments on the new style!

Haven't been into blogging lately because nothing of interest has occurred. Well, I still haven't anything to report, so if you feel inclined to read this and you find it very boring . . . don't complain.

Slowly, over the years since I moved to NYC, I've been working on fully outfitting my apartment. And in many cases, I've just "made do" with temporary solutions to household items. Over the past year and a half, my silverware drawer has been sparsely populated with dollar-store finds ($5 for the four place setting of very rough-cut metal) and plastic spoons.

Until today.

Today my brand-new Oneida silverware set arrived!!

While I was researching various options online, I found a really good deal on a set of service for 12. So I got it. I am so excited to have silverware that is real!
Come visit and you can try it out too!

4 comments:

gnat said...

so happy you have real silverware! I always hate the cheapies because they either start to rust after a few uses or they are so light weight you are afraid to cut anything with them as they will bend or break. I think the set you picked looks really nice!

Unknown said...

IT is so pretty!!! I am happy for you :)

Chelsea B. said...

Congrats! It is very Brenda-like.

chiggidy said...

So official now. It's perfect for your family-style Sunday dinners....which I am LONG overdue to come down to....

<3 you.