December 2, 2007

First Snow of the Season

This is certainly not what I expected to see when I woke up this morning...
(in case you can't tell - it's snowing!)








I'll be honest, snow has never been my favorite thing - it is cold, and soggy, and associated with too many cold memories involving milking cows :)

But that first snow...it is always amazingly pure and beautiful. It makes me feel like a child...I want to go out and simply play.

Just this afternoon on our way home from church as we were crossing the street, I saw two little girls...they were having such fun with the bit of snow that we had. It was sweet and wonderful to witness the innocence of childhood.


I couldn't help but make a snowman. It is good to feel like a child for a moment. To see the joy.




1 comment:

Kimberly said...

TAG! You're IT! Check out the last post on my blog for the rules!