December 12, 2007

The Most Wonderful Time

I have visitors! Dad, Mom and my sister Denise have arrived. It is their first visit to NYC and we plan to pack in as much as we can. We celebrated their arrival by ordering in dinner (a novelty to Mom and Dad) and planning the next couple days. They met my roommates and a few friends dropped by and we were able to just talk.

As we were playing the 'get to know you game', Lyndee and I discovered that we go back further than we ever imagined! To make a long story short...Lyndee's great-grandfather was instrumental in introducing my grandfather to Vale. Through his suggestion, my grandparents visited the town to which they later moved and raised their family. This is also where my parents settled and raised their children - - - including me! Amazing the connections of which we were unaware.

It is so wonderful to have family!

1 comment:

Denisse said...

How fun Brenda!!!!!!! I hope you guys have a great time! I wish I were there too!!!:)