April 13, 2008

Riverside Park

The weather was beautiful on Saturday so a group of us went on an excursion to Riverside Park on the Upper West Side alongside the Hudson River. We wandered through the park and ended at Grant's Tomb. A long promenade in Riverside Park
Watching baseball. Joe, Jenna, Heidi, Whitney, Brigham, Collin, Ashley, Lyndee
There were many many trees

Heidi overlooking a baskeball game. In the background of the picture there are ball fields full of Little League teams playing softball.
I didn't recognize this flower, it looked like a type of groundcover but may have been a weed
Our intent was to see the trees in bloom, but there were actually very few with flowers
These flowers were on a bush - I really liked it and want to figure out what the name is
More daffodils!
G - R - A - N - T. Our tour guide (Collin) shared with us that Grant's tomb is the largest mausoleum in the United States and that General Grant and his wife Julia are entombed there.


"Let us have peace"
Ulysses S Grand and Julia D Grant
Eagles flank the front steps
I love stars!
Brigham, me, Collin, Ashley, Lyndee, Jamar, Joe, Jenna

It was such a lovely day in Riverside Park!


1 comment:

Emily said...

Hi Brenda--I'm so glad I came across your blog! The trip to Grant's tomb looks fun--I love how you all spelled out G-R-A-N-T. Love it!

http://elr215.blogspot.com/