May 20, 2008

Pilgrims and Mini-sailboats

Happily I had a work-free Saturday and was able to attend the LDS social in Central Park. The activity was located between the Pilgrim statue and the mini-sailboat pond. Upon arriving, I realized that I had not previously visited this area of Central Park (maybe seeing more than the bottom hundred yards should be my goal for this summer). It was a beautiful day.

This pilgrim commemorates the landing of the pilgrims on Plymouth Rock in 1620. I am amazed at the courage of those men and women who braved the seas to attain religious freedom and so grateful for the sacrifices they made.


















These little sailboats were so cute! However I feel that if we would have said as much to the burly men working the remote controls, we wouldn't have gotten a very positive response. They seemed to be taking it quite seriously.



This was my favorite!

1 comment:

Denisse said...

Beautiful pictures Brenda!!!:)