February 25, 2009

Early Birthday Surprise!!!

There is only one person who would be sending me a package from Canada - - - Carla!! And by the shape, there was only one thing that it could possibly contain . . .
A beautiful book!!! Hand-made by Carla! I know my birthday is still a week and a half away, but I couldn't resist opening it.
Isn't the pattern absolutely gorgeous?! So elegant and pretty.
The colors and decals created a perfect combination.
I LOVE the font that she used - - - it is consistent throughout the whole book.
Did I mention that Carla surprised me with a POP-UP BOOK?!!! The photos don't do it justice. When I turned to the first pop-up page and saw the image literally come off the page I laughed with joy - it was so perfect.
Notice the star - - - stars are my favorite shape - - - and when the book is opened the top point of the star unfolds and rises off the page.

The construction to create the pop effect was very intricate and very well executed.
I love all of the little tiny details.
All those other pages are my journal (copies of my weekly letter).
I love it!
This is the FOURTH book that Carla has made for me. Isn't she so talented and amazing?? It is always such a lovely surprise to receive something from her.
Thank you Carla!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Carla is so freakin amazing!!! I am jealous of her and her abilities!
Happy that you got a book out of it, though! It looks awesome!

Ashley said...

That is totally nifty! Happy B-day almost! :)