November 22, 2007

Balloons!

It is an awesome time to be in the city and to be able to have so many unique and exciting experiences!

The annual inflation of the massive balloons for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is held near the Natural History Museum on the Upper West Side. Took advantage of the opportunity to go see the massive balloons before the parade. It was amazing! Here are a few of my favorites...

Frosty the Snowman
The Energizer Bunny
Macy stars
In honor of my brothers and cousins... Mr. Potato Head!
I was completely unprepared for the hordes of people who turned out for the event! I would love to know how many people were there because the streets were absolutely packed. Between the theatre's being closed and the nice weather, people must have had nothing else to do. There were so many children there - by far the most I have seen in NYC anywhere outside of Central Park!
It was a great NYC experience! I am still a bit awestruck from being so close to the floats that previously only existed in an abstract way for me...it was well worth pushing through the crowds to see!

No comments: