November 30, 2007

Best I can do today

I wanted to have something really super exciting to post about, but alas there is nothing...I have been working too much to have any great experiences. So instead I have dug into the archives of my pictures and thought I would try something new...

First off, I Y fireworks! I just do. The very first time that I experienced a firework display in this city we were in our apartment when we heard an excessively loud booming echo coming from outside. To be perfectly honest it scared the living daylights out of me! Concerned, we stepped out on the balcony - that is when we realized the source of the noise...fireworks over the East River! Sounded a bit like gun-shot reports repeating down the canyon (aka Wall Street). Nothing quite like I had ever experienced before, but it was very fascinating.

Here is a video of one firework display as seen from the corner of William and Wall, 16 stories up!

*** I think the best 'works and noise are in the middle to end of the video :)

No comments: