February 1, 2008

The Little Mermaid

Last night, I got off work early (7:30pm) and joined Lyndee and Ashley to see The Little Mermaid on Broadway. It was a cute show but my favorite part happened to be the costumes. They were fabulous! During the deep-sea parts, the actors wore heelys which allowed them to glide smoothly, creating the illusion of swimming. I really liked how they did the mermaid costumes (refer below for a rough sketch). Seeing all of the amazing costumes in this show really made me wish I were working in a costume shop again!

2 comments:

Denisse said...

How fun Brenda!!!! I bet that was a cute and fun play to go to! I bet they would totally hire you to make their costumes! I always thought you were extremely talented at everything you do but specifically at making clothes!!!! You are pretty awesome!!!!:)

Leslie and Dave said...

Oh, how I miss the shows on Broadway!