November 17, 2008

Baking = Happiness (For Me!)

One of my most favorite things to do happens to be cooking, any kind really, so I take advantage of every possible opportunity to prepare food. When I heard about the upcoming Luau (was on Saturday*), I begged Jenn to let me help. Since she knows I love to bake, she let me make the cakes. Friday evening was maybe one of the most relaxing evenings I've ever had and so much fun!!! I just hung out in my kitchen and made cakes all night. (It would have been a perfect night if I hadn't had to do my laundry on the side.) I made Pineapple Upside Down Cake and Pina Colada Cake, and based on the amount consumed, I believe they both turned out well.

Before After
The finished product
I love baking!!!
*Note: the Luau was fantastic, many thanks to everyone!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh Brenda! Looks like so much fun. Honestly, one of my favorite things ever was when you would make delicious treats. Your rolls....they are insane! Sad I missed the cake extravaganza!!

Erin Masi said...

Brenda!!! I am so impressed!! That is a lot of baking-it looks fantastic!! Hope everything is going well!

Ashley said...

Girlfriend, you are some kind of crazy!!

PS thanks for the cookies! YUM.