November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day

Today there was a parade on 5th Avenue in honor of Veteran's Day! I had to run an errand for my work and so was able to walk down 5th for 10 blocks and watch the parade as I went. My favorite part was hearing the bagpipes as the men played ". . . God bless America, my home sweet home . . . "

Here are a few quick snapshots.
Bagpipers
For all the Veteran's who were unable to walk in the parade, buses were provided to convey them over the parade route.
Soldiers marching
Army trucks
I'm so grateful for all those who have and continue to sacrifice so much for our freedom. God bless America - - - I love this land and am so grateful to be an American!

2 comments:

Don said...

OK. That's just too cool!

Emily said...

I bet this was amazing! I love bagpipers and all things patriotic. So glad you could share with us!