November 3, 2008

Halloween Fun: Gilligan's Island

I have always LOVED the old TV show Gilligan's Island so of course I said YES when Ash asked if I wanted to be Ginger for Halloween!!! A Saturday shopping trip to the fashion district for fabric and a pattern (which was nearly impossible to find), and a needle and thread (sadly my sewing machine resides in Oregon so I was reduced to sewing it by hand!) and lots of help from Ash, and an evening gown was produced!

A few of our other friends joined in on the fun. Here is a group shot with the crew in Union Square - - -

Maryanne (Ash), Gilligan (JT), Ginger (me), and the Skipper (Kyle)

We went to the annual NYC Halloween Parade. Talk about a crowd! It's rumored that two million people attend and an additional million watch it on TV. It was pretty impressive. Unfortunately my camera didn't like the lighting so I didn't get any great pictures, but here is one high-lighting the theme for the year. It was the 35th Anniversary and the theme was Ghosts.
Ash, Lyndee and me at the parade.
Hair shots. I made my dress and did my hair up to try to mimic these pictures - - -

Some degree of success, I think.

It was a fun Halloween! I'm thinking that Ash will post about it in detail soon, so go here for more photos!

4 comments:

Emily said...

You guys looked so cute! You are a lovely Ginger. Looks like you had a great time!!

Denisse said...

Brenda, you look so pretty! Glad you had a fun time!:)

Ashley said...

You looked uhmazing! What a fun night! :)

Call Family said...

I love it! What a great idea.