September 26, 2007

The way it is



One of my favorite city sites!








One of my not-so-favorite sites! Or, possibly very least favorite of all . . . ?!





I know, I know, sounds a bit pathetic that a walk signal happens to be one of my favorite things to see, but it's true. I'm always in a hurry wherever I happen to be walking and nothing is more painful than being halted by a light that is not in your favor. I have learned the timing for this city though, if it is blinking then there is a really good chance that I can make it - as long as I have my New York walk on!

2 comments:

Don said...

After living in NY, I totally know what you are talking about. I also try to anticipate the "walk" sign. So much to the point that I lean into oncoming traffic. Probably not the brightest thing to do. :)

Jamie said...

New Zealand was great because no one paid attention to any of the walk signals and you just went whenever you could get across. Of course it wasn't nearly as busy as New York, but still I became a fabulous J-walker!