September 22, 2008

Two Broadway Musicals, Fabric & Fishes

Its been a while since I've been to a Broadway show but thanks to Lyndee and Heidi, I managed to fit two in this weekend!

Friday evening Lyndee and I saw A Tale of Two Cities which recently opened on Broadway - - - it was absolutely incredible, I'm thinking my favorite Broadway show. If you get the chance, go see it because it was amazing!Then Saturday, I joined Heidi and Kendall and we say Legally Blonde which was very entertaining. Afterwards we went to Junior's for appetizers and cheesecake.
Saturday was definitely one of those "I'm in love with New York!" days. They don't come around all that often so you must take full advantage when they do :)

The weather was perfect and so after brunch at The Nook, I took a solitary walk down 7th Avenue and stumbled across the Fashion District! I've been here quite a few times but I don't come nearly often enough! I think it wins as one of my favorite places in NYC. I spent a few hours browsing through little shops and found a few fun things. It totally made me miss my sewing machine! However not having my sewing machine didn't stop me from purchasing some fabric to make pillow covers for our couch - - - which ended up being another activity for my Saturday! And now that I have truly hand-stitched a pillow cover (the first project I have ever totally completed by hand) I feel I can truly appreciate our fore bearers who for centuries made every bit of clothing using hand-stitching methods.

Sunday was also a lovin' New York kind of day. I love taking walks on Sunday afternoons, and yesterday Lyndee, Heidi, Kendall, Thomas and I walked over to the pond (that's what Heidi calls it and I don't know if it has a real name) and watched the fish. I was mezmorized by the distortion of the reflected building and clouds and the ghostly appearance of the fish. Here's a few photos.





Of course there were other actives to keep me very busy, but who has time to catalog them all? It was a lovely weekend!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Brenda, those photos of the Koy pond are beautiful! I'm very impressed.

Unknown said...

The pictures are pretty cool... how was the Legally Blonde? I think Tale of Two Cities would have been awesome. Ok... I don't have anything cool to say. The end.

Call Family said...

Brenda it sounds like you are having the time of your life there in New York. As happy as I am with where I am at in my life I must say I'm little jealous.