October 21, 2007

Baking!

Over this past weekend I had a great time baking…here are a few fun things I made…

Bread - for the Enrichment activity - made whole wheat and it actually tasted good! Special thanks to Mom for the amazing recipe and for teaching me to make bread when I was young.

Pot Pie - this is Cory's favorite and she has been requesting it for months, as it was her birth-week I figured it was a good time to make it.

Farm-pan Apple Pie - Lyndee helped me peel the apples for a pie...then I realized that I had guessed wrong and there were way too many apples...so we resorted to a bigger pan!

Corn Bread - made it for the last week's ward social - fairly certain that it was the most corn bread I have ever made in one setting.

Needless to say, I spent many enjoyable hours in my kitchen over the past week. I wish that I had more time for cooking...and maybe more people to feed!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yes, you do need more people to feed. Your roommates can only take so much! But I will say it always tastes so good.

Don said...

This is what I miss from NY!

Brenda said...

Thanks Kim! At least I have been making more healthy food and not quite so many desserts...

and Don, we still have an open door policy...so you just need to find your way back to visit!

Mark Weinberg said...

mmmmmm....I wish I was there! You rock Brenda!