October 4, 2007

Had an Early Morning

I dragged Kim out very early this morning to go to 59th and 5th Avenue for the CBS Early Morning show. This evening I will be participating in the Light The Night Walk organized by the Leukaemia and Lymphoma Society to raise money for blood cancer research. We will be walking across the Brooklyn Bridge. Late yesterday afternoon, I received an email stating that they were seeking volunteers to hold balloons for the CBS Early Morning show. After trying to convince all my friends at work to go (without success), I guilted Kim into it and we planned to head out early to make it on time.

A slight detour was made to drop off my laptop at my office (building is a bit emptier at that time of the morning), and we arrived outside the Apple store where we joined others who will be participating in tonight's walk. I helped out by making a sign . . .
and then we stood around for a while and waited. It was quite interesting seeing what goes on in a "live" production. I especially enjoyed watching the makeup and hair artists hard at work trying to keep the anchors in top form despite the humidity.
Here is a side shot of the crowd, you can see Kim in the left corner.

That would be my balloon rising into the sky, oops! (the tiny red dot about half way up the building)

As my eyes were wandering over the organized chaos, they were attracted to a set across the way, where a mock kitchen was arranged. I was wondering what food was being prepared when the crowd parted and I saw that the chef was Bobby Flay! (My first star sighting!) I happen to enjoy watching the Food Network and he is one of the best.
We were caught on camera a couple times, standing in the background. I called my mom and she saw me on TV so that was fun! My favorite was definitely watching Bobby Flay cook.

As we had to hustle to work, I had another NYC first, I changed my shirt as we rushed down the street to the subway. Don't worry - I had on a Shade t-shirt beneath the LTN shirt and I was able to swap the LTN shirt out for my sweater to qualify for business casual by the time I walked into my office just in time for work!

3 comments:

Kimi D said...

I totally would have been there with you were I still in town!!

Denisse said...

It sounds like you had a great time!!!

Brenda said...

It was a fun NYC experience!

Wish you had been here Kim so we could have lived it up!