June 11, 2008

My Cousin came to see me!

During the last week, I had the pleasure of having my cousin Garrett come to NYC just to visit me!!! And, I suppose, to see some of the city. He arrived late on Tuesday night and I showed him around my neighborhood a bit. We found a deli where we purchased sandwiches and then wandered over to the East Side River, between the heliport and South Street Seaport. It was great to catch up and enjoy spending time with my cousin. Below are a few high-lights from his visit....
Wednesday Garrett was on his own while I was working. He explored Midtown and met up with me to attend the Broadway musical Wicked. We both loved it!

Later we met up with a few friends to go to Junior's for cheesecake followed by a quick visit to Times Square.
Friday we went to Chinatown and Garrett found some litchi at one of the corner markets. He ate this fruit while serving an LDS mission in New Caledonia (Fiji mission) and insisted that we try it. Litchi is actually quite good, just a lot of work to eat. After exploring Chinatown we went to Little Italy for dinner. We convinced Ash to join us as often as possible!
Saturday we walked the Brooklyn Bridge....
And introduced Garrett to real NYC pizza - Grimaldi's!
I took a vacation day on Monday and Garrett and I wandered around Central Park
And then we attended the Yankee's game! We had great seats behind third base and left field and the three home-run hits during the game all came within 20 feet of us! It was the afternoon game and we melted! NYC was experiencing a heat wave and the temperature reached 99 degrees! It was a bit warm, but so worth it because the game was amazing to watch!
Monday evening we took Garrett to Serendipity for dinner and some frozen hot chocolate to round out his visit.
I love spending time with family and am so grateful that Garrett came all the way to NYC to visit me! We had the best time!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

YUM, that pizza looks good! Thanks for letting me hang out too! it was a blast! :)

Unknown said...

Why thank you! When are you going to come and see them for real? You say that like you're surprised...

Denisse said...

Brenda! That looks like toooo much fuN!!!! Can't wait to come see you when we move to DC!!!!!! YOu better be planning a trip to come see us too!!!!!:):) And that pizza DOES look sooo YUMMY!!!!!:)