June 18, 2008

Walked Home

Yesterday after work, I decided to finally do something I have considered doing since moving out here . . . I walked home from my office. And loved it! I Y walking.

The entire walk (including all pauses for traffic or points of interest) took just under 1.5 hours. According to Google Map Pedometer, the total distance covered was approximately 4.5 miles. So I averaged about 3 miles per hour. I get accused of walking too quickly all the time, but it turns out that the average speed for adults is 3 miles per hour - - - so maybe I'm not the one who needs to change my pace :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aaaah. It could have been worse. It turned out better than I first thought and worse than I planned. See if you can make sense of that! Good job walking, by the way. And you do walk too fast... appearently so does the average American.

Denisse said...

Good job Brenda! I bet you were exhausted after the walk, but you got a good workout!!!!:) Right? It actually sounds like a lot of fun...I love walking too!!!!:)